RedHat Cluster Basics: The documnent will assume you are logged in as root. You can run these same commands as your user by prefacing them with "sudo" The cluster log files are /var/log/messages and /var/log/cluster/*
1. Showing status of a cluster:
- # clustat -- The first few lines list the nodes in the cluster, the following list shows the status of any resource groups that are part of the cluster.
2. To failover a resource group (using "web01"):
- # clusvcadm -r web01 -- This will take a few seconds, then all services will be running on the opposite node. GNW only uses 2 node clusters so you don't need to specify a specific name when relocating.
3. To freeze a resource group:
- # clusvcadm -Z web01 -- This will "freeze" the resource group on the current node. No status checks will be done and the cluster will not failover so use this only when necessary.
4. To un-freeze a resource group:
- # clusvcadm -U web01 -- This will return the status to normal, status checks will resume.
5. To stop all cluster resources:
- # service rgmanager stop # service cman stop -- All resource groups and management will stop, if you reboot they will automatically restart.